Midi dresses are essentially maxi dresses’ shorter sister. A midi dress will stop about halfway between your knee and ankle, while a maxi dress’s end will flow around your ankles. Midi dresses are trendy clothing options for several reasons, a few of which we’ll note below.
- They’re perfect for when you need something more conservative than an above-the-knee dress but don’t want to don something as formal as a floor-length dress.
- They’re typically made of lightweight materials, making them a breezy choice for the summertime.
- Often cinched at the waistline, midi dresses flatter and accentuate every figure.
- The cut of a midi dress is ideal for showing off stylish footwear.
There’s a lot to love about midi dresses. If you plan to incorporate one (or several) into your wardrobe, check out Boho Beach Hut’s style tips for wearing a midi dress.
Need a go-to dress for your summer trips? A beach midi dress embodies the ideal balance between elegant and casual, making it a versatile option for all your getaway plans.
Midi dresses with lightweight textures and intriguing patterns are great for warm-weather trips. You can wear them while lounging at the beach or roaming through town.
For an Everyday Look
You can easily dress down a midi dress to make it your everyday look. If you want to make midi dresses a style staple of yours, here are a few style tips for wearing a midi dress that keep it casual.
- Pair your midi dress with a pair of white sneakers. Your feet will remain comfortable all day, and the white will accentuate the color and pattern of your midi dress.
- Pair your midi dress with a pair of flat sandals. This will provide a more refined look, but one that’s still easygoing for trips to your local farmers’ market, walking the dog, and lunch with friends.
- Don a cloth or canvas tote for carrying around all your daily essentials. A tote bag is just as versatile as a midi dress, making the two a dream pairing.
For a Special Occasion
Midi dresses offer flexibility for casual looks, but they also provide the foundation for a fancier look when properly accessorized. When you’re feeling a bit more lavish, you can try out the following styling advice.
- Amp up your jewelry. Jewelry is the number one hack to dressing up any outfit. Layering dainty necklaces and pairing them with elegant earrings is one way to create a sleeker appearance.
- Slip into some strappy heels. Both strappy heels and midi dresses are simple, but they make the ideal fit for a formal outing when paired together.
Boho Beach Hut is a bohemian dreamland of dresses, blouses, accessories, and more that can easily enhance your wardrobe. We’re your one-stop-shop for creating looks that are versatile for a vacation getaway and everyday wear. Peruse our website to start compiling all your favorite summer looks.